BlackBox Overdrive 2 - $129
A hand-wired, 100% discrete analog, natural tube-emulating overdrive, clean boost, and tone enhancement tool with a proprietary, completely transparent tube-emulating variable and switchable JFET pre-gain clean boost control to push your BlackBox into high gear, or to squeeze more volume or fatness out of the front end.
Features three switchable circuit modes - Standard (Hi-Gain), Classic (Lo-Gain), and Clean Boost.
External Gain, Tone, Volume, Presence, and pre-gain Boost knobs, plus internal Bright/Smooth Voicing and Mode switches - highly interactive controls that tap your signal in just the right places for a HUGE spectrum of both clean and overdrive tones out of just one box.
Extremely dynamic and vocal, with just a hair of compression and that amp-on-the-edge feel in Overdrive Modes - play softly or lower your guitar's volume, and your signal cleans up well; dig in and that hot tube growl will sing. Just a touch of mids to help cut through the mix without destroying your tone, and enough flexibility and transparency to enhance almost any setup, never detracting from the nuance and feel of the rest of your rig.
EVERYTHING THE BLACKBOX OVERDRIVE CLASSIC IS, AND SO MUCH MORE
Like to keep it simple? The BlackBox Overdrive 2 can be switched to Classic Mode to convert the entire circuit into that of the simple 3-knob BlackBox Overdrive Classic, but with way more output volume. Everything but the Gain, Tone, and Volume controls can be deactivated. New for V2 - not available in 2016 models.
NEW FEATURES FOR V2 REDESIGN:
• Completely redesigned from the ground up, with a unique internal switching system to use the pedal in True Clean Boost Mode with tons of headroom, or to bypass the preamp boost circuit for direct access to our low-gain Classic circuit, all with significantly higher output volume than the original BluesBreaker circuits
• Bright/Smooth Voicing switch
• Internal tri-mode switch makes it three pedals in one - a pre-gain boosted Hi-Gain overdrive; our Classic Lo-Gain overdrive; and a TRUE Clean Boost
• Carefully and beautifully hand-wired in the USA - no cheap Chinese manufacturing
• Gain, Tone, Volume, Presence and pre-gain Boost controls, plus internal Bright/Smooth Voicing switch
• True-Bypass switching for complete bypass transparency
• Absolute top-quality components, including Alpha potentiometers, Neutrik jacks, Xicon metal-film resistors, Nichicon electrolytics and Panasonic ECQ poly-film capacitors
• Military-grade 24 AWG stranded wire for durability
• Davies-style molded cream-colored knobs
• Top quality US-manufactured matte-black, gold-plated PCB
• Socketed op-amp
• Bright (but not blinding) blue LED
• Can be powered by standard regulated power supply up to 18V
• 100% handmade, hand-drilled and hand-wired vintage-style in Denver, CO
• So clean inside ya can lick it! No rats nest wiring in these here boxes!
BlackBox Overdrive 2 (Version 2)
Page One: Click here
Page Two: Click here
HOW TO JOIN THE WAIT LIST:
- Add the pedal you want to your cart and check out.
- You will not be asked for payment info and you will not be charged.
- After you check out, you will receive a confirmation email, and your name will be added to the wait list.
- When we have a pedal ready for you, we'll get in touch with you to see if you'd like to place an order.
- No commitment – if you change your mind, want to be removed from the list, want to wait, or want a different model than you chose, just let us know.
- Current turnaround is approximately 10-12 weeks.
$149 $129 USD THROUGH DECEMBER 31st
USA: Free shipping anywhere in the US, Hawaii, Alaska, and PR
Canada: $19.50 USD 1 item ($39 2-3 items; $59 4-6 items)
International: $25 USD 1 item ($49 2-3 items; $65 4-6 items)